Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Help build the future of the web -- Web 3.0!
We are rapidly growing our information security team, and have an immediate need for a skilled Node JS builder/breaker.
You should be able to quickly identify Node JS security issues, but should be equally adept at proposing coding standards and security best practices. You will serve as an internal consultant across multiple diverse teams building mission-critical Node JS projects to develop and fine-tune in-house secure coding and deployment standards.
The Node JS Application Security (AppSec) Engineer would be:
- establishing Parity-wide, cross-departmental Node coding standards with security in mind (e.g. use of LavaMoat)
- You would also be doing typical AppSec work such as: testing existing code for known security weaknesses
- Code creation might also be something required from time to time
- 3+ years experience as a Node JS developer
- 2+ years application security experience
- OWASP 10 expert
- experience in Node JS secure deployment / DevOps practices
- deep understanding of Node JS application security issues
- Bonus: experience working with LavaMoat
- Bonus: experience with WebAssembly (wasm)
- Help build the future of the web -- a decentralized Web 3.0!
- Work for a company where security is job #1, and your work will be appreciated!
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams).
At Parity Technologies we strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.