Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralized tech. Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains, and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains.
The Ecosystem Growth team, part of the larger Ecosystem Development team, focuses on attracting external development teams building solutions for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. The overall objective is to improve the two platforms and accelerate their adoption. This includes conducting research & gathering product feedback and identifying, engaging, and nurturing key relationships.
We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instinct, technical understanding, strategic thinking, and sales skills.
- Manage relationships with key accounts in the Ecosystem Development team
- Communicate with prospective development and business teams to demonstrate the product and how it adds value to their business; guide teams in making informed platform decisions
- Help external teams navigate the Substrate & Polkadot ecosystems: available technical solutions, governance & economics considerations, funding opportunities, etc.
- Perform research with other crypto-native ecosystems to inform future outreach opportunities and programs
- Monitor the state of the Substrate ecosystem and identify trends
- Constantly collect feedback and relay it to internal teams
- Run day-to-day operations of valuable internal and external programs
- Excellent technical understanding of blockchain technologies
- Excellent understanding of blockchain ecosystems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, communications, and engineering internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Nice-to-have: experience in ecosystem building (ideally for open source technologies), software engineering, or entrepreneurship/startups
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/