Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.
In this role you will contribute to maintaining and supporting the main consensus protocols in Substrate (BABE and GRANDPA). The short to medium-term tasks will revolve around improving these protocols, fixing bugs and monitoring its performance. Major feature development is planned long-term as well as the development of new consensus protocols.
Some of the code (and supporting documentation) that you'd be working on in this position can be found here:
The team lead for Consensus is André Silva (link to Github).
- Experience with current blockchain technologies and landscape.
- Theoretical background in distributed systems, such as consensus algorithms, as well as cryptographic fundamentals.
- Experience working with large codebases.
- Familiarity with the Rust language and its ecosystem, particularly asynchronous programming.
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing consensus protocols.
- Cryptography, including multi-party computation or zero knowledge proof systems.
- An interest in decentralized and privacy technology and Web3.
- Open-source contributions.
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.