Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and the future Web — one that respects the freedom and data of individuals — and helps empower developers to create better services through decentralized technologies.
At the Parity Tools Team we build tooling and libraries for developers and advanced users, both internal and external, such as block explorers, exchanges, and staking-ops teams. Our tools empower users to integrate and harness Substrate blockchains to their fullest. We believe that a well built tool should be a joy to use, precise in scope and feature set, be hackable, discoverable and composable.
Examples of the technologies you will be working with:
The team lead for our Core Rust Tooling team is David Palm (link to Github).
Your tasks include:
- Design, build and maintain Rust-based tools/libraries to help internal/external teams build, debug, instrument and manage substrate-based blockchains.
- Support the entire project lifecycle (concept, design, build, test, release and support).
- Keep up to date with the blockchain space in general and the Substrate/Polkadot ecosystem in particular. Work with the ecosystem team to ensure we build what people need.
- Collaborate with the core Substrate team to plan and implement new tools, features and improvements.
- A passion for the Rust programming language, its community and values.
- Professional experience working with Rust to develop applications and crates in an open source setting.
- A keen eye to performance, observability and user ergonomics.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a distributed team.
- Passionate about bringing the vision of a decentralized web to the world.
- Open Source experience
- Dev-ops skills and general tooling knowledge
- Public speaking/writing
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, all employees have a generous personal budget to attend conferences or other learning tools of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses and relocation where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us acheive our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.