Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
At Parity Technologies we have built and launched next generation blockchain networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework. These networks provide the largest staking platforms, the most advanced on-chain governance systems, fast and efficient cryptocurrencies, and more. All of these systems are powered by FRAME and the Runtime Pallets included with Substrate, which are available for all Substrate developers to use.
What you will do
We are looking to expand the team which develops these core runtime systems. This involves maintenance of existing pallets, modifications and upgrades for the needs of the network, and even entirely new pallets which provide value to our end users.
As a part of your job, you will need to design crypto-economically sound protocols which incentivize and control the behavior of anonymous and potentially malicious actors. You need to write comprehensive tests or even try to attack our systems in the same ways malicious actors will. You will need to architect migration utilities to allow existing networks to use new features and functionalities seamlessly. You will need to provide support to developers who may want to integrate and use FRAME and these runtime pallets.
Beyond the development of the runtime systems, you will also work to develop FRAME itself. Your research and development of user friendly APIs will make your life and the lives of other runtime developers more easy. This involves writing Rust macros and developing new utility libraries.
Shawn Tabrizi (link to Github) is the team lead.
In the context runtime development within Substrate, we expect you to (among other things):
- Research and learn about the end users of our network.
- Engage with council and governance systems which give direction to the development of our networks.
- Write clean, functional, and “absolutely correct” code for our blockchains.
- Develop crypto-economically sound protocols which incentivize behaviors we want.
- Manage complex state machines which are resistant to attacks.
- Collaborate with other members of the team and open-source contributors
- Proven experience as a Smart Contract or Substrate Runtime developer.
- Experience working with Rust or other similar system level languages.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of Blockchain applications and (unwritten) standards.
- Knowledge of the current state of the DeFi, DAOs, Decentralized Identities, and other blockchain based protocols.
- Open source software background.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.