Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We're looking for someone to work on our Substrate team across our entire client codebase, including topics like consensus, p2p networking, and our Cumulus project. In this role, you will contribute to maintaining, expanding, and optimizing our existing peer-to-peer networking infrastructure, including ensuring that the software is resilient to attacks, and running experiments, for example using QUIC, implementing NAT traversal, or trying different peer-to-peer topologies.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
Here are a few links to the codebase and relevant documentation you'd be working on:
Bastian Köcher (link to Github) is the lead for the Substrate dev team.
- Experience with current blockchain technologies and landscape.
- Former work on state of the art P2P networking technologies or research.
- Theoretical background in distributed systems, such as consensus algorithms, as well as cryptographic fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++ or Go and willing to learn Rust.
- An interest in decentralized and privacy technology and Web3.
Nice to have:
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and as a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- Writing and performance tuning databases.
- Cryptography, including multi-party computation or zero knowledge proof systems.
- Consensus algorithms, especially as used within the blockchain space.
- Implementing compilers, especially with a Wasm focus.
- Implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.