Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
At Parity Technologies we have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework. We want to bring to these networks first class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next generation blockchains. For example, improving how users participate in network staking, how members of our governance systems present and vote on proposals, enabling simple integration of Substrate systems into web pages, improving how new users onboard into our ecosystem, and more…
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team building a brand full stack applications delivering such end-to-end stories using any and all tools at your disposal. As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. In this unique position, we also ask that users have the ability to write concise and accurate system level code for the Substrate runtime.
In the context of the creation of a first class end-to-end experiences on Polkadot we expect you to (among other things):
- Research and understand the end users of our network
- Design client-side, server-side, and runtime architecture for their needs
- Write clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Test and fix bugs or other coding issues
- Create security and data protection settings
- Deliver compelling and simple demonstrations of the products you build
- Collaborate with other members of the team and open-source contributors
- Proven experience as a full stack technical developer or similar role
- Key experience making effective UIs for technically complex systems
- Capable of building/training/retaining a small team, ~5 team members
- At least 4-5 years experience working with a back-end framework (e.g. Sails, Loopback, Express)
- Experience working with Rust or other similar system level languages
- Experience working with SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Redis) databases
- Basic CI/CD knowledge, using cloud-based tools (e.g. Travis, AWS)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Blockchain applications and (unwritten) standards, e.g. polkadot.js experience
- Experience building and launching web apps from scratch
- Open source software background
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice