Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. So far, we’ve built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework.
We're always searching for Rust and systems engineers who are familiar or interested in blockchain protocol development and the open-source Rust ecosystem. To join our core team, you should be a proficient systems engineer and familiar with writing low and high-level code, a functional style of programming, and have a strong knowledge of computer science.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
- Experience with Rust (or other systems programming languages), particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- An interest in decentralised technology and Web 3
Nice to have:
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge & experience in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies
- State-of-the-art P2P networking research and technologies
- Rust performance optimisation and tuning
- Consensus algorithms
- Blockchain bridges
- Knowledge of and ability to write compilers (especially with a Wasm focus)
- Experience implementing decentralised applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Opportunity to become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralised internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired)
- We have a remote-friendly company setup with hubs in Berlin, London, Cambridge, and Lisbon
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic)
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.