Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The HVAC technician is responsible for ensuring the facility and equipment are operating in good order; takes pride in ownership of the duties and contributes to the operational success of all facilities.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist with repairing and maintaining HVAC, plumbing and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications, or supervisor’s instructions.
- Lubricate and clean pumps, motors, fans, machinery equipment and operating hardware.
- Replace washers packing, or parts on faucets, flushometers, valves, traps, etc.
- Clear stoppages in sanitary or storm drainage systems using plumber's snake, vacuum, or manual plungers.
- Replace gaskets, seals on water coolers and other equipment.
- Replace defective bulbs, sets, switches, fuses, and receptacles in buildings or on the exterior areas of the facilities.
- Maintain clean and safe operating conditions for plant and/or work areas and performs minor inspectional duties when directed reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- HVAC Certification and Refrigeration Recycle Recovery license
- Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Technical trade school certification or equivalent industrial operations experience
- Ability to consistently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting
- Ability to work in extreme weather
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.