Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The IPM Scout contributes to the overall health and quality of our plants through consistent inspection and identification of any and all pest threats. This individual will work hands-on monitoring the crops, ensure accurate reports of the crops' health and wellness are relayed to management, and implement IPM strategies designated by the IPM department.
This role is with NETA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), and Texas (Goodblend). At NETA, we are a passionate group of patient advocates, experienced professionals, industry leaders and philanthropists. We have come together to improve the quality of patients’ lives through personalized care and the best in the art and science of medical marijuana. We provide registered patients and recreational customers in Massachusetts with first-rate marijuana therapies at our registered dispensaries in Brookline, Northampton, and Franklin. For more information, visit https://www.netacare.org.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Work successfully alongside other department Team Members and Scouts
- Identify all pests and pathogens on plants
- Document inspection of plants and any findings
- Track affected plants throughout lifecycle
- Perform other IPM related tasks
- Perform cultivation tasks as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Previous experience identifying pests and pathogens in an agricultural setting
- Proficient knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi
- Proficient with data collection and data keeping applications
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to be task oriented and manage stress
- Ability to take direction from Supervisors
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Minimum 6 months IPM experience
- Experience using a microscope and other magnifying devices
- Ability to stand and remain focused throughout a 10-hour shift
- Constant exposure to indoor growing environmental conditions (bright lights, temperatures, humidity)
- Consistent attention to detail for 10 hours per day
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously
- No allergies to plant materials and nitrile gloves; job requires daily exposure to cannabis plants and nitrile gloves
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.