Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Store Manager is responsible for building, guiding, and supporting a store and our people to bring well-being and an improved quality of life through cannabinoids to customers while growing sales and profitability. Our best Store Managers inspire and motivate others by modeling our core values, expertly engaging customers and demonstrating passion for selling our brands.
This role is with Goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain a strong presence on the floor to build relationships with customers, support and develop the team and drive revenue.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets and financial goals.
- Successfully execute and drive traffic for company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Entrepreneurial, inspirational people leader who is comfortable with, taking responsibility for the store as their own business, cultivating and maintaining a positive and fair work environment while also adhering to company standards.
- Responsible for managing recruitment, performance evaluations, employee relations, payroll, engagement, and related tasks.
- Supports continued education through scheduling trainings and consistent skills development. Ensure all trainings are delivered on brand and with the desired service and selling skills.
- Provide feedback to district or area management to identify opportunities, share industry trends, and suggest improvements as needed.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Manages effective oversight of budget expenditures and acts to reduce Loss Prevention and product returns/damages.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities including customer records and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities in accordance with strict adherence to the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use and Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 2-3 years’ experience in supervisory or managerial role
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred
- Ability to recruit top talent while providing leadership that motivate team to exceed sales goals
- Advance Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
- Ability to assist with lifting stock and materials
- Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, or photocopiers
- Occasionally positions self to retrieve product or materials in the store, including accessing shelving in the storage area
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.