Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Cultivation Technician assists in the growing and cultivation of medical marijuana. This role will also perform select tasks in the cultivation process. This is a “hands on,” entry level role in the cultivation process.
This role is with Goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintains plant Cultivation by following Parallel’s Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Work closely with the Cultivation Supervisors/Team Leads on some elements of cultivation and production
- Provide water and nutrients appropriately to ensure sustainable growth. Accurately weigh and measure nutrient and water needs
- Assists in the transferring of plants from Vegetative rooms to Flower rooms
- Properly sets up trellis and ties up plant limbs appropriately
- Fills out logbooks daily accurately
- Consistently checks plant weights to ensure proper water content
- Assists the harvest team when needed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Ability to calculate and record measurements
- Ability to accurately read and interpret directions in English
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to focus and be task oriented, complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Can take direction well; great communication skills
- Must be proficient with measurements at all times
- Minimum of 6+ months agricultural or cultivation experience
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Experience in the Cannabis Industry
- Ability to work in an indoor growing environment which includes dry, hot, and humid conditions and extended exposure to Co2
- Requires the ability to stand, kneel, sit, or stoop for prolonged periods of time, with constant attention to detail for 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and up to 80lbs assisted
- Ability to perform dexterous hand movement for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to wear required PPE for duration of shift
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.