Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Distribution Driver works as part of the delivery team to ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Operating commercial cargo vans in a safe and proper manner
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to stores and distribution centers in a safe and timely manner
- Reviewing and completing transport manifests before and after distributing items to delivery locations
- Loading and unloading of cargo from vehicles, including properly securing cargo to prevent damage or accidents
- Track, account for, and maintain reporting on all items or cargo being transported
- Maintain, clean, and report any safety or maintenance issues for assigned vehicles
- Adhering to assigned routes, following schedules, and abiding by all transportation laws while maintaining a safe driving record
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries, transportation, and distribution
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to drive for long periods of time and in heavy traffic
- Strong time management and coworker relationship skills
- Attention to detail
- Some computer/technology skills
- Experience in the Cannabis Industry
- Must be able to remain in a seated position inside the vehicle for extended periods
- Ability to pick up heavy items to load (50 or more lbs.) onto vehicle
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of times
- Ability to bend in repetitive motion
- Able to move heavy totes, boxes, and other cargo in and out of vehicles and move into buildings
- Frequently communicates accurately with other employees
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.