Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Cultivation Assistant operates under the direction of the Cultivation Supervisor and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company’s cultivation operation including general labor, vegetative, flowering and may assist in monitoring and documenting plant growth.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Monitor and maintains the optimal climate, fertility and integrated pest management (IPM) program as well as supervises the labor and materials needed for production.
- Effectively manages the seed inventory, plant seeds; propagates seedlings into mothers; and maintains the Mothering Plants through watering, fertilizing, leaf pruning, and IPM.
- Responsible for the turnover of mothering plants including all aspects of seeding, propagation, plant destruction and preparing plants for the vegetative compartment.
- Participates in inventory activities.
- Coordinates cuttings taken from the Mothering Plants and pots clones in the Mothering Room.
- Effectively manages the crop work: watering, fertilizing , pruning and IPM programs
- Responsible for the production and delivery of vegetative cuttings .
- Participates in inventory activities.
- Sanitation, trimming, pruning, harvesting, receiving, shipping warehouse, extraction kitchen helper
- Routine daily work responsibilities to ensure production, sanitation, inventory control and general labor support as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Willing to work additional hours, as necessary, and Holidays.
- Must be able to follow instructions unsupervised.
- Ability to concentrate on each task.
- The ability to understand and communicate information is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming plants, potting, and regular inventory activities, as needed).
- Plant knowledge helpful but not necessary
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Great hand and eye coordination.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.