Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop and maintain new and existing features
- Architect and develop highly scalable and secure database solutions to store and retrieve company data
- Build and consume internal and external APIs
- Convert specifications, wireframes, and design assets into fully responsive pixel perfect user interfaces
- Build clean fully tested readable code that is both secure and scalable
- Write code that demonstrates good coding principles, such as SOLID
- Write unit tests and other types of tests for your code
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products
- Take ownership in what is built and show a general passion for development, architecture, UI, and UX
- Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise
- Research and contribute technical information to the knowledgebase
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Proficient understanding of Node.js development in a serverless micro-service architecture
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, …)
- Basic understanding of testing best practices inside of a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience building and integrating with API’s (RESTful or GraphQL)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for working well with our team of talented engineers
- Ability to write well designed, testable, and efficient code using software development best practices and patterns
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Bonus points for skills related to: Golang, Terraform, Serverless Framework, Vue.js, Cypress.io, RESTful APIs, DevOps, GDPR Compliance, HIPAA Compliance
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.