Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs plans and directs the organization's policies and objectives involving matters of state government and regulations. Oversees analysis of proposed state legislation and regulation to determine potential impact on the organization, and directs legislative strategy depending on said impact. Establishes company positions on state legislation and regulations. Develops and executes internal and external communications strategy.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- In partnership with VP, Government Affairs, and Massachusetts Market President, develops and executes MA-specific government affairs strategies to enhance the organization's standing with Legislators, Regulators and other government officials and helps drive Company growth in the state.
- Provides day-to-day management of state and local government relations function, ensuring that Parallel has an active and effective voice in the governmental processes within the state.
- Monitors and investigates state regulatory and legislative developments and evaluates their impact on our organization. Communicates pending developments to the leadership team and collaborates in developing responses.
- Builds strong relationships and maintains regular communication with state legislative and regulatory leaders.
- Analyzes and advises leadership regarding key regulatory and legislative issues. Participates in company strategic planning and provides expertise in area of specialization.
- Develops and manages political contribution strategy and budget.
- Manages and directs external lawyers, lobbyists, and consultants to achieve Parallel’s government relations objectives.
- Plans meeting agendas and prepares attendees with goals and objectives and directs and executes any necessary meeting follow-up.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government Issued ID (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree with a concentration in Business, Public Policy, Political Science or related area
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in public or private-sector government facing role
- Experience managing external vendors and professional services organizations
- Direct experience working in the Legislative and Executive branches of government preferred
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the external and internal dynamics impacting state agencies and a proven ability to drive decision making and influence policy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including executives, product managers, lobbyists, attorneys, state elected and appointed officials and regulators, trade associations, and public policy organizations
- Organized with effective time management skills to manage and meet deadlines on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to drill into policy and legal details while also able to communicate the high-level strategic impacts to non-experts
- Collaborative, flexible, detail oriented, results driven, and with strong ethics
- Ability to create legislative and regulatory strategic and granular plans that align with business needs
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees / customers . Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.