Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Maintenance Technician HVAC/Electrical III is responsible for maintaining the facility maintenance needs, via upkeep and repair of all NETA facilities. The Maintenance Technician HVAC/Electrical III provides facility support with regard to construction, plumbing, lighting systems, electrical ,air filtration and HVAC along with other facility related needs. Accepts other tasks and duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- This position will report directly to the Facilities Manager
- Supervision of staff
- Will be a Point of Contact on projects and cooperative work with contractors and vendors
- Responsible for the day-to-day functioning of all NETA maintenance needs
- Works closely with Cultivation, MIP, Security and other departments to ensure ongoing maintenance and timely repairs.
- Will maintain and monitor onsite and via BMS the Chiller Plant and all Systems Critical to Operations.
- Will be the Lead technician on Electrical Projects in coordination with Contractors and Project Managers
- Will be the Lead technician on HVAC projects in coordination with Contractors and Project managers
- Will coordinate with vendors in order to keep Inventory to maintain all proper filtration systems.
- Follows NETA Policies & Procedures for daily operations and fully complies with state medical marijuana regulations at all times
- After hours on call availability
- Maintain Cultivation and Dispensary locations by initiating, coordinating, and performing facilities and maintenance requirements in accordance with operational, and other policies and procedures
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintains a scheduled maintenance program to ensure proper facilities upkeep, including all mechanical, electrical and plumbing infrastructure and equipment
- Effectively using tracking systems to report receipt of maintenance needs and/or other issues
- Ensures completion based on priority and receipt date, and reviews timeliness of completion
- Maintains building and grounds maintenance, in Franklin as assigned
- Maintains equipment and reports deficiencies and needs in a timely manner
- Responds to facility related failures promptly and prioritizes work orders, while maintaining preventative tasks in accordance with facility needs
- Demonstrates competency in performing routine maintenance tasks, preventative systems and repairs
- Completes all required documentation for utility and facility management, follows up and evaluates effectiveness of all implemented actions to ensure that problem has been resolved effectively
- Manage, supervise and coordinate contractor work
- Plan and oversee building work/renovations
- Respond appropriately to facility emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Ensure safe work practices are implemented and consistently followed by department staff
- Work with other departments in addressing and rectifying potentially unsafe work conditions or practices
- Ensure compliance with applicable building codes, fire and emergency codes, regulatory and other required regulations
- Responsive and professional in all response and interactions regarding service requests and facility needs
- Able to work carefully and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Perform other job duties and tasks as assigned
- Work in coordination with the Supervisor and Manager to help upgrade all systems and streamline as needed to function in the most efficient and effective manner.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 years or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver's License or State-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum 10 years of production/process manufacturing experience (Preferred)
- Military Experience, Certifications, Engineering and or Technical Degree (Preferred)
- Industrial electrical experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of HVAC, Chiller, Boiler and Glycol Systems
- Ability to use a Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (AMMS)
- Knowledge of irrigation and pumping systems
- Working knowledge of motors, electrical controls, lighting, gas systems and building systems
- Working Knowledge of Electrical systems 480/277/120 24vdc
- Automation and Control Knowledge with VFD and Point to Point control as well as Knowledge of PLC’s
- Obtain OSHA Ten Hour Training within 3 months of beginning this position
- Upbeat and high energy professional, innovative and creative, detail oriented with meticulous organizational skills and a consistently positive attitude
- Strong understanding and knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and managerial skills
- Comfortable working outdoors, and performing physical jobs
- Ability to travel regularly between Northampton, Franklin, and Brookline
- Ability to Troubleshoot and Conduct inspections of Critical systems in order to Mitigate issues and resolve in an expeditious manner
- Fabrication/Welding and Machining knowledge
- Ability to read prints/schematics and diagrams associated with all types of equipment and systems
- Journeyman Class B, Systems Contractor Class C, or Systems Technician Class D preferred
- Nate License and Refrigeration License preferred in order to work on HVAC equipment and Chiller systems.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
Indoor growing, manufacturing, lab and Dispensary environment(s). Must have clear, verbal communications, stand, sit, bend, stoop and kneel for prolonged periods of time, as well as perform basic computer operations. Ability to handle stress in managing productivity and accuracy. Ability to lift 70lbs unassisted. The ability to work in adverse weather conditions is a requirement for this position.
Skills: Must have the ability to focus and be task oriented. Ability to handle stress, work well with small pieces and gauges as well as large machinery. Ability to work as a team member, with multiple departments and vendor relationships. Must be organized and have extreme attention to detail. Troubleshooting Skills are must in this position. The ability to interpret Wiring schematics, Prints and Manuals is a Requirement for this position.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.