Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
Parallel seeks a Director of Operational Quality Assurance and Compliance – Pennsylvania Market who will be responsible for mitigating company risk and helping to ensure compliance to constantly changing regulations by developing, implementing, and overseeing the “First Line of Defense” (1LOD) Quality Assurance (QA) and Compliance programs for the Pennsylvania Market operations. Reporting directly to the Regional President of the Pennsylvania Market, with dotted line to the VP, Governance Risk and Compliance, this person will help manage all facets of Operational Quality Assurance including Quality Controls, Regulatory Compliance, and OSHA and Workplace Safety programs. This person will foster a compliance culture throughout Parallel, by effectively communicating key risks impacting their assigned market and gaining change support from Market leadership and Corporate Functions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures effective mitigation of risk and compliance with regulatory obligations by developing, implementing, and overseeing Quality Assurance (QA) programs; including Quality Controls (QC) of all operational processes executed within the Market
- Responsible for identifying, interpreting, and helping to document all regulatory obligations that apply to the Market operations
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversees the execution of workplace and environmental health and safety programs within the Market
- Partners with the Regional President and Government Relations to liaison with regulatory agencies; including but not limited to the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH)
- Support the Issue Management and Incident Response programs (including Corrective Action Planning) to help ensure timely and effective response and mitigation of risk affecting the Market; including but not limited to Regulatory Risk, Health and Safety Risk, Financial Risk, and Reputational Risk
- Ensures clear and effective communication and documentation of Market processes and systems through the creation and maintenance of department and market-specific procedures, work-instructions, job aids, and training materials
- Collaborates with Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) to help ensure effective Second (2LOD) and Third Line of Defense (3LOD) oversight to market operations, compliance, and risk management
- Advise Market leadership on risks and provides practical recommendations to ensure they are appropriately managed. Identifies improvement opportunities, develops recommendations, and communicates with stakeholders in a collaborative manner
- Mentors other Market Operational QA and Compliance leaders at the request of the Market President, Head of GRC, or Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Establish and maintain professional expectations and act with a proper balance of objectivity and a constructive contribution of ideas to improve controls, efficiency in the business process, and profitability
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate or related field (Required)
- A Graduate degree (Preferred)
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster productive, collaborative partnerships
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize according to urgency and/or business need
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Technical savvy and proficiency in team collaboration and project management tools including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25 – 30%
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.