Surterra is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Magento engineer to join our development team. This individual will lead the development of a new “Enterprise Edition” Magento e-commerce platform. This individual will also help manage the e-commerce platforms integrations and will be responsible for building a team of engineers who will be dedicated to maintaining the multi-store platform.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the initial development of a new “Enterprise Edition” Magento e-commerce platform
- Technical lead to coordinate with Agency or 3rd party, partners on initial build out
- Build and lead a team of Magento engineers who will maintain the platform
- Architect and manage the development of internal and external integrations with the Magento platform
- Build clean fully tested readable code that is both secure and scalable
- Work with the Dev-Ops team to establish and maintain continuous deployment pipelines for the Magento platform
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take ownership over project timelines and deliverable's
- Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products
- Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process
- Continuously improve upon technical skill sets within assigned areas of expertise
- Research and contribute technical information to the knowledge base
- Participate in code reviews and documentation
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ Years of Magento development experience
- Extensive experience of development workflows with tools like: Git, Github, Bitbucket, JIRA
- A deep understanding of omni-channel retail and multi-store Magento architecture
- Bonus points for skills related to AWS, RESTful APIs, Web Sockets, Go, Python, Angular/Vue/React, Node.js, GraphQL, Electron, Sysadmin Skills, HIPAA Compliance, GDPR, CCPA
- Ability to write well designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices and patterns
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality - Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.