TITLE: Middle Office Analyst
LOCATION: East Coast (remote)
THE COMPANY: Parallax Volatility Advisers, LP (“Parallax”)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Middle Office Manager
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Review daily cash and position reconciliations and resolve breaks with the appropriate parties, including brokers, traders, prime brokers and fund administrator
- Work with Accounting Team to ensure all activity is properly recorded and documented
- Provide day-to-day operations support for the Trading Desk.
- Report daily P&L estimates
- Manage systematic problems with in-house developers to find solutions that support short and long-term business needs
- Bachelors’ Degree in relevant field of study
- 3-5 years experience in an operational capacity at a bank, hedge fund, or administrator
- Experience with Equities, Options, Futures, Currencies and OTC Contracts is strongly preferred
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Willingness to start work at 7:30am/8:00am ET
- Willingness to travel to the San Francisco office every 4-5 weeks
- Ability to work in a fast moving, open trading floor environment with exciting operational situations that can arise when markets are busy and time is critical when performing tasks
- Must be highly organized, have strong attention to detail and the ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to be resourceful, work effectively as a team player and can clearly communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability and willingness to learn in house applications/new technologies
- Excel Visual Basics for Applications (VBA) for daily task automation is preferred.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $110,000. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Parallax offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, including (not limited to): discretionary bonuses, flexible, hybrid schedule in San Francisco, 100% paid medical, dental and LTD insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, Flexible Time Off, holidays (NYSE list of holidays), cell/internet reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
Parallax is an equal opportunity employer. Please no calls or recruiters.