REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Chief Risk Officer
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Parallax is looking to add a risk developer to our growing team. This role will work on building out our current risk infrastructure, work with outside risk reporting platforms and support risk analysis with ad-hoc data queries. This role will interact primarily with the members of our risk team, the firm’s Development and Data groups. This position offers a significant opportunity to a candidate with high aptitude to grow with our firm and to learn about and contribute materially to the risk management and trading of derivative securities.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Thoroughly investigate support issues and seek to understand business needs in order to provide the best possible solution
- Manage current internal & external risk systems
- Enhance, test and fix code to ensure final product meets business requirements
- Create written documentation for Risk Team
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field of study (financial Math, Physics)
- Entry to 3 years development experience
- Financial Services or FinTech experience preferred but not required
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Willingness to work market hours if on west coast (~6:00am-3:00pm)
- Must have experience with C# and SQL
- Experience with Python, Tableau or R a plus
- Must be highly organized and have strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and work effectively as a team player
- Demonstrated an understanding of broader systems, data flows and end user requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, quality, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact with non-technical users on technical issues
Parallax offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, including (not limited to): paid health insurance, all meals during working hours and continuing education opportunities.
Parallax is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position title in the subject line.
Please no calls or recruiters.