REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Head of Data Management
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Parallax is looking to add an ETL, extract-transform-load, Developer to our team. This position will spend a significant portion of their time responding to and resolving issues with the data challenge process. In addition, this role will also work on developing and maintaining data feeds for the Parallax information architecture. Data preparation and Data Cleaning are occasionally involved with this role. This position will interact with most groups at the firm including, but not limited to, Quants (data scientists), Traders, back office, IT, and other developer groups.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- SqlServer TSQL advanced query semantics
- SqlServer TSQL frequent writing of stored procedures and functions, with limited tables and index authoring
- ETL scripting with Powershell, Python, and bash. Ability to troubleshoot, create, and maintain.
- Data challenge process resolution
- Source code management with Subversion and Git
- Basic Sqlagent and Rundeck job management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Science.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in relevant field to Data Quality Management; preferably within a hedge fund or related firm
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Willingness to work early shift hours (~7:00am-4:00pm ET)
- Willingness to travel to San Francisco office at set interval. Specific interval to be discussed during hiring process.
- SQL Server
- Enterprise Scheduler (e.g. Rundeck, ActiveBatch, SqlAgent, Bamboo)
- Optional: SqlServer Integration Services
- Knowledge of hedge fund data operations and hedge fund trading products (options, futures, stocks, swaps)
- Clear and effective written and spoken communications
- External vendor and support channel handling
- Ability to operate and prioritize own assignments
- Ability to respond to operational interruptions
Parallax offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, including (not limited to): paid health insurance and continuing education opportunities.
Parallax is an equal opportunity employer.
Please no calls or recruiters.