At Paradigm, we are changing the future of finance! By joining us at this early stage, you’ll be building cutting-edge, distributed financial service infrastructure that will reshape financial services across CeFi and DeFi markets.
- Paradigm is a zero-fee, institutional liquidity network for derivatives traders across CeFi and DeFi.
- We provide unified access to multi-asset, multi-protocol liquidity on demand without compromising on execution preferences, costs, and immediacy.
- We’ve built the largest network of institutional counterparties in crypto, with over 1000 institutional clients trading over $10 B per month.
- We are a diverse, global team led by our organizational principles and united by our mission to bring on-demand liquidity for traders, anytime and anywhere, without compromises. We also strive to ship faster than anyone else in the industry!
- We are backed by the best traders and investors in the space, including Jump Capital, Genesis Trading, Dragonfly Capital, QCP Capital, Optiver US, IMC, GSR Markets, Akuna Capital, Fidelity Digital Assets CMT Digital, Goldentree Asset Management, Amber Group, OK Group, Bybit Fintech, and CoinShares.
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Associate to help with the implementation and buildout of our compliance related initiatives. This position will be based in our Singapore office and will give you the opportunity to interact with the global business and legal team on a cross-jurisdictional basis. Paradigm is a growth-stage start-up, and the ideal candidate will be a builder, willing to roll up their sleeves and work in a global position.
- Take a leading role in overseeing the Onboarding Process to uphold compliance best practices.
- Manage Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and onboarding for potentially high-risk clients, including high-profile customers, or customers with complex organizational structures.
- Offer mentorship and guidance to junior compliance staff on best practices in compliance, including strategies for mitigating associated risks.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with client-facing teams, including product development, business development, and account management.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director of Compliance and the SVP of Operations in shaping and executing compliance and operational strategies across both Paradigm and Paradex.
- Contribute to various regulatory projects on an ad-hoc and ongoing basis, related to both Paradigm and Paradex.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest regulations and trends in AML and compliance, with a focus on decentralized finance (DeFi) and DEX platforms.
- Assist in the development and execution of compliance related initiatives tailored to Paradex.
- Exercise ethical judgment in personal conduct and business practices, ensuring issues are escalated and managed transparently.
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- At least 3-5 years of experience in institutional client onboarding in crypto, at an exchange or a financial institution
- Understanding of AML and Sanctions compliance (with ACAMS or a similar industry certification a bonus)
- Passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Comfortable working in a global corporate structure
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and execute with a sense of urgency and with ultimate goal of delivering on time
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Our Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay and transparent pay bands
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited vacation with a minimum required PTO of 10 days annually.
- Celebrate your national holidays, in addition to floating holidays, to honor what matters to you, not HQ.
- Full benefits (benefits vary by country)
- We offer the highest benefits package offered by our Employment of Record partners; insurance carriers and plans vary by country
- Generous technology and learning allowances
- $3500 first-year budget to spend on your computer, peripherals, office essentials...whatever makes you most efficient and comfortable. You'll then receive a $2000 refresh every 2 years.
- $1000 budget to spend on learning and development materials, courses or conferences.
Paradigm is an equal opportunity employer.