Paradigm is a strategy firm that partners with innovative companies to build stronger, more inclusive organizations. We believe that with the benefit of diverse perspectives, our clients will design better products, deliver better services, and build a better world. Since our founding in 2014, we have worked to grow diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in more than 600 companies across a range of industries, from technology and financial services to law and media. Our work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Atlantic, Harvard Business Review, PBS NewsHour, TechCrunch, and several other outlets.
The Director of People will own core HR processes from policies and benefits, to performance management and compensation. This role will be our HR operations and impact champion, reporting to the Head of Strategy & Operations and partnering closely with the Director of Talent, who owns hiring & onboarding and learning & development, to create a cohesive employee experience. This role will also work closely with other leaders at Paradigm to identify key people needs and implement solutions. As a 45+ person startup, we’re looking for a candidate who will enjoy both strategic thinking and tactical execution, and who will be energized by creating inclusive and equitable employee experiences in an evolving environment.
Defining Your Success:
As the Director of People at Paradigm you will accomplish the following:
- Partner with management teams in leading strategic, employee initiatives including but not limited to talent reviews, performance management (including outlining and updating role level expectations, optimizing the performance review process, facilitating calibrations, analyzing performance outcomes), growth plans, retention strategy, and employee communications.
- Build and continually improve an equitable and fair compensation process including: performing compensation research, managing our biannual pay equity analysis, and making recommendations to improve our compensation philosophy.
- Create and lead organizational change efforts that impact people, and support leaders with communicating these changes (e.g., rolling out a new compensation program).
- Provide coaching and guidance to senior leaders, managers, and employees around all aspects of performance management including effective ongoing feedback, goal setting, and compensation planning.
- Provide day-to-day support and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues and employee queries; track compliance for employee programs.
- Run engagement surveys (our annual inclusion survey and quarterly pulse surveys), analyze results, and own the action plan and follow-up communications across the company. Serve as a point of escalation for employees to discuss workplace experience and satisfaction.
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation, and improvement of HR policies such as paid and unpaid leave policies, PTO policies, remote working policies, etc.
- Manage key HR systems including our HRIS and feedback and performance management platform; evaluate vendors and implement other systems as needed to accommodate expanding talent processes.
- Identify and implement efforts (e.g., norms, programs, policies, practices) to foster an open, connected, and inclusive culture.
- At least 8+ years of experience in HR or equivalent people-focused roles (e.g. HRBP, compensation manager, performance management, etc.). Ideally you’ll have at least 3 years of experience as a direct people manager.
- Must have experience building and running inclusive HR processes and policies in an environment that prioritizes DEI and integrates inclusive practices into people programs.
- Experience working and thriving in roles that require both strategic, high-level planning and also tactical, on-the-ground execution.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, iterative environment such as early-stage startups or high growth companies.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills (via Excel and Powerpoint) and the ability to communicate a story through data.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and build rapport quickly across teams.
- Experience working in environments that prioritize DEI and integrate inclusive practices into people programs.
- Strong prioritization and project management skills.
Details: This is a fully remote, full-time position. Paradigm offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, equity, and benefits, including healthcare, vision, dental, and a 401(k) with employer matching.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!