Paperless Post is seeking a proven Paid Search expert who is eager to expand knowledge base and ownership to manage our full paid marketing channel portfolio and accelerate new user acquisition growth. As the Senior Manager, Paid Acquisition Marketing, you will own and be accountable for all performance management, budget, and tools across various paid advertising networks. In this role, you will also own incrementally testing, CAC calculations and ROAS measurement strategies in order to efficiently drive top of funnel growth via paid channels. The ideal candidate is customer centric, data driven, detail oriented, and possesses a love for driving results.
This is a hybrid position based in our New York City office and will report to the Senior Director, Growth Marketing.
What you’ll do here
- Own the channel-level strategy, execution, and tracking of all paid channels (including but not limited to paid search, paid social, display, and new channel testing) to drive marketing performance in line with budget and goals
- Manage all paid media spend (including forecasting, tracking daily/weekly pacing, etc.)
- Ensure measurement strategy, reliable tracking capabilities, and robust ROI reporting measures are in place for all marketing channels
- Track performance on a weekly and monthly basis and make adjustments to improve target KPIs
- Drive execution of new channel testing
- Develop and manage rigorous testing among entire channel mix to increase incrementality of paid marketing investment
- Manage in-house marketers and external agencies to maximize value from paid channels, owning CAC calculation and partnering on LTV calculations
- Partner with internal teams (e.g. Data, Creative, SEO, Product Marketing etc.) to effectively drive all aspects of the channels you manage
- Demonstrate thought leadership by conducting tests, developing, presenting test results, and making recommendations for new processes and strategic tactics
- Function as the expert across paid channels and stay up to date on industry/competitive trends and technologies, betas, and best practices
What you bring to the table
- 6+ years of experience in paid search (ideally someone with both agency and in-house experience)
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience managing multi-million dollar annual budgets
- Have a rigorous approach to testing, iterating, and implementing learnings
- Extensive expertise in Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and bid management platforms (SA360, Marin, or Kenshoo)
- Deep understanding of the interplaying dynamics of automated bidding, efficiencies in hitting CPA and ROAS targets and also pacing to budget
- Ability to work autonomously, learn quickly, prioritize effectively, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data sets and draw actionable insights
- Strong experience using Google Sheets and ability to work effectively with business intelligence tools (ex. Looker, Tableau)
- Experience with adtech and working with data teams to prioritize your platform and measurement needs
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve results
- Experience working in Looker is a huge plus!
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $115,000 - 135,000 USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.