Paperless Parts provides the manufacturing industry with a SaaS platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. When manufacturers use our product, they free up valuable time for faster quoting and estimating, leading to increased profitability and reduced manual steps. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation forward.
We are a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a Series B fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an essential industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination and booster mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis). This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
Over the past year, we’ve grown our headcount 140% and employ in 20+ states, increasing the demand for a Human Resource Director. With 85% of our employees in Boston, MA, we are seeking an experienced Boston-based HR Director with outstanding people skills to manage our personnel and ensure that our People Operations programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business strategy. Reporting to the VP of People Strategy and Operations, this role will be responsible for planning, leading, directing, developing, and executing HR initiatives with the support of the current People Ops team. Focus areas will include policy development and legal compliance, compensation and benefits, training, employee relations, performance management, and onboarding. This role will work cross-functionally to ensure programs and initiatives are clearly communicated, embraced by leadership, and implemented effectively.
The HR director role will include leading the HR team of 2, dealing with employer relations, supporting employee development, enhancing job satisfaction, writing and developing policies and procedures, implementing HR strategies that support business objectives, mitigating risk, maintaining employee records, designing accountability mechanisms, and supporting onboarding procedures and benefits administration.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic and critical thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills to drive a fun yet effective culture. You are empathetic and able to advise on sensitive employee issues while keeping a positive outlook. You are proactive and can draw on previous experiences to help our leaders anticipate opportunities and challenges as we scale.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder. This role is based in our Boston office on a hybrid schedule.
HR Director Responsibilities:
- Coach, mentor, and lead the People Operations team to deliver and execute HR initiatives that promotes Paperless Parts as an amazing place to work and grow
- Develop, write, and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines in accordance with our culture and compliance requirements, including Federal/State requirements, FedRamp, and SOC2
- Draw on your experience to expertly advise leadership and managers on employee relations issues, while mitigating risk and driving healthy and effective feedback
- Evaluate and enhance current DEI&B and wellness practices, in conjunction with the People Ops team and DEIB Committee, and apply to all HR programs and practices. Partner with business leaders to support and enhance our in-office culture and intentionally create an environment of camaraderie and learning
- Evaluate and lead our Performance Program and drive successful cycles in partnership with our People Ops team. Enable and empower our team to scale with us during this exciting growth period and beyond.
- Supporting strategic objectives in partnership with senior leaders across the company
- Ensure compliance with pay equity and labor laws and regulations in various US states, with the support of our People Ops Team
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure a smooth transition from candidate to employee experience
- Ensure People Ops team is maintaining compliant employee files, and other important benefits documentation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in HR, 3+ as a leader in a fast growth, software or tech company
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and coaching skills at the executive and individual contributor level
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a love for effective processes and documentation. If you find zen in a super organized Google Sheet or a crystal clear Confluence page, you’ll fit right into our team!
- Experience managing and building HR teams and scalable processes and programs
- Experience building and facilitating DEI&B programs
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations in the US and abroad.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources management, Organizational Leadership or related.
- Travel to job shops as needed, COVID-19 Vaccination and Boosters required
Paperless Parts Life
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality, persistence and relationships. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up.
Boston Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We operate on a hot desk system which is when employees can grab any available desk on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with additional monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA, and across the street from Hub Hall at TD Garden and North Station for easy access to most transit routes (Orange/Green Line and Commuter Rail) or a 6-minute walk from the Blue Line. Secure bike storage is available.
Encinitas Office: Our California office is our newest office which seats about 15 hardworking BDRs and Account Executives individuals. The office has an open floor plan with several conference rooms to encourage collaboration with your colleagues in California and TV's to connect with those sitting in Boston or remotely. The office comes stocked with snacks, coffee and regularly catered meals. The office is walking distance from Downtown Encinitas, the Coaster train stop, and tons of restaurants, bars, and activities on the 101.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependent
Competitive pay and equity
13+ paid holidays
Work from home and hybrid flexibility
Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is committed to cultivating an equitable, inclusive, and supportive environment for all employees. We believe this environment creates a safe space for employees to share their experiences, brainstorm ideas, and grow their careers. Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.