Who are we:
From small local businesses to large multinational corporations, when manufacturers use Paperless Parts, they free up valuable time to focus on what is truly important to them. Our customers spend more time with their families, expand their businesses, invest in sustainable practices, and grow as a result of new opportunities. We’re a passionate team that believes manufacturing is a vital component of our everyday lives and the backbone of our economy. We’re dedicated to providing this invaluable industry with a cloud-native platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. Without manufacturing, many new ideas never become a reality. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation – and our world – forward.
Paperless Parts is a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an entire industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
We seek a VP of Engineering that can scale the software engineering organization and create systems to manage the delivery of world-class products. Our VP will build our team of developers - in scale, maturity, and effectiveness - and provide leadership in building our products. As a member of the executive management team, the VP of Engineering will report to the CEO, and work closely with Product and our CTO to play a critical role in shaping the company’s strategic planning.
Who you are:
You are an individual who is passionate about building teams and systems. You have seen this sprint before at other venture-backed, early-stage companies (Series B-D) and can pattern-match what winning looks like. You are experienced in all facets of hiring including budget management, recruiting, candidate evaluation, and closing for both individual contributors and managers. You enjoy presenting to large groups and selling the vision of the world-class products and engineering team you are building. You’ve mentored managers before and feel a sense of accomplishment watching them get the best out of their teams.
Additionally, you like getting into the product to understand the vision and mission at a level that keeps you close to the challenges customers are facing daily. Finally, all leaders at Paperless are expected to lead with empathy. This means that you have developed an intuition on how to push your team to get the best out of them while knowing when it is time to take everyone out for a fun event to decompress.
- Recruit, mentor, manage, and scale a team of engineers from 20 to 60 making hires at the IC and manager level
- Build systems that allow you to use data to understand and communicate developer productivity and customer impact
- Sell the vision and lead from the front with passion and enthusiasm
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
- Coach your managers, perform regular performance reviews, and give regular feedback
- Partner with other engineering managers to ensure a consistent approach to managing our teams
- Work cross-functionally to deliver on business goals and create tight collaboration and coordination between product, design, sales, and marketing
- Create an engineering culture that supports innovation, creativity, and diversity while delivering high-quality products with predictability and reliability
- Ensure engineering excellence and rigor in architecture, execution, and delivery
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and requires US Citizenship or Green Card holders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience
- Strong understanding of software development best practices
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and team building skills.
- Experience working in SAAS software development from Series A to IPO
- Knowledge of AWS and its services preferred
Paperless Parts Life:
Paperless Parts is an exciting Boston-based Series B SaaS company that has created the leading cloud-native software platform for manufacturers.
Team: You will be joining a highly driven and collaborative team dedicated to empowering the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age.
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality in everything we do, grit in the pursuit of excellence, and curiosity with a bias towards action to deliver simple solutions. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up. This creates a fast-paced environment where we work hard and celebrate our wins.
Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We have the top floor of a renovated brick and beam building where you will always be greeted by our friendly office dog, Bella, and have access to snacks, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and regularly catered meals. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with dual monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA, and across the street from the new Hub Hall at TD Garden and North Station for easy access to most transit routes (Orange/Green Line and Commuter Rail) or a 6-minute walk from the Blue Line. Secure bike storage is available.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Competitive pay and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- 11+ paid holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
- Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) plan
- Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status