Paperless Parts provides the manufacturing industry with a SaaS platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. When manufacturers use our product, they free up valuable time for faster quoting and estimating, leading to increased profitability and reduced manual steps. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation forward.
We are a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a Series B fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an essential industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination and booster mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis). This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
This is a full-time position. As a backend software engineer you will be collaborating with your teammates, which include designers and product managers, to build full end-to-end features. Our teams are data driven and outcome focused; they are built around specific short term and long term user goals. This allows our teams to wholly own the success of our customers.
Who you are:
You’re an individual with high attention to detail. You care about the quality of your work because you know how it impacts our customers. You understand what it takes to build a robust and scalable service and can help us work toward such a vision. You’ve worked within an agile environment before and know how to collaborate with your team in an iterative fashion to achieve team goals.
- Help the rest of your development team meet project commitments and goals
- You will also work with other backend engineers to improve the tooling and infrastructure for our tech stack
- Here are examples of what you might be doing in a particular day:
- Build a new API to help enable a new feature
- Refactor an existing API that has been timing out for certain request types
- Build a new microservice that powers a new feature for our customers
- Deal with high volume data import / export problems pertaining with moving customer data between Paperless Parts and the customer ecosystem
- Work on establishing appropriate design patterns, such as how we should deal with asynchronous jobs
- As part of the Paperless Parts team, further, the company-wide DEI & social impact initiatives
- Travel to job shops as need, COVID-19 vaccination and booster required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 2-3 years related work experience
- Proficient in Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience working with Docker and its associated tooling
- Experience with a modern web application stack e.g. Python/Django, Node/Express, Java/Spring
- Work Experience with CI/CD tooling e.g. Jenkins
- SQL and relational database experience desired
- Efficient communicator, both verbally and written
Paperless Parts Life
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality, persistence and relationships. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up.
Boston Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We operate on a hot desk system which is when employees can grab any available desk on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with additional monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Boston, MA, across the street from Faneuil Hall and easily accessible to most transit routes (Red/Blue/Orange/Green Line) or a 10-minute walk from both South and North Station.
Encinitas Office: Our California office is our newest office which seats about 15 hardworking BDRs and Account Executives individuals. The office has an open floor plan with several conference rooms to encourage collaboration with your colleagues in California and TV's to connect with those sitting in Boston or remotely. The office comes stocked with snacks, coffee and regularly catered meals. The office is walking distance from Downtown Encinitas, the Coaster train stop, and tons of restaurants, bars, and activities on the 101.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependent
Competitive pay and equity
13+ paid holidays
Work from home and hybrid flexibility
Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is committed to cultivating an equitable, inclusive, and supportive environment for all employees. We believe this environment creates a safe space for employees to share their experiences, brainstorm ideas, and grow their careers. Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.