Who are we:
From small local businesses to large multinational corporations, when manufacturers use Paperless Parts, they free up valuable time to focus on what is truly important to them. Our customers spend more time with their families, expand their businesses, invest in sustainable practices, and grow as a result of new opportunities. We’re a passionate team that believes manufacturing is a vital component of our everyday lives and the backbone of our economy. We’re dedicated to providing this invaluable industry with a cloud-native platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. Without manufacturing, many new ideas never become a reality. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation – and our world – forward.
Paperless Parts is a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an entire industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
Paperless Parts is looking for a highly skilled DevOps engineer with a wide range of experiences. You’ll help us take our SaaS manufacturing platform to all American manufacturing shops. Together we can change American manufacturing for the better. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll enable our platform to be highly scalable, secure, observable, flexible, and resilient. From day one you’ll have the ability to impact our platform. You’ll play a crucial part in our evaluation and transition to either Kubernetes, Serverless, or any other potential technologies.
We’re a small but growing team. If you have a passion for DevOps, we have a place for you!
Who you are:
As an experienced DevOps Engineer, you have the ability and experience to take our platform to the next level. You have the skills and confidence to create and execute against an infrastructure and operations roadmap that modernizes our cloud infrastructure and enables our engineers to safely deliver high-quality code quickly and efficiently.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
- Modernize and maintain our containerized AWS infrastructure CI / CD
- Improve our ability to deploy, integrate, and test our software throughout the development lifecycle.
- As our footprint grows, we need better observability and forensics tools to help us maintain and debug our infrastructure.
Security, Governance, and Compliance
- To fully meet the needs of our customers, our cloud infrastructure must meet certain government compliance standards.
- As part of the Paperless Parts team, further, the company-wide DEI & social impact initiates
- Travel to job shops as need, COVID-19 vaccination required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, etc.
- Proficiency in AWS and its service offerings
- Experience with infrastructure as code, e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation is preferred
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as DataDog
- Experience with some operations orchestration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working with enterprise SIEM tools such as ELK, Splunk
We recognize that everyone has experience with different tech stacks and cloud providers. You don’t have to match the above exactly. If you have the passion then you have the most valuable traits we look for in our team members.
Paperless Parts Life:
Paperless Parts is an exciting Boston-based Series B SaaS company that has created the leading cloud-native software platform for manufacturers.
Team: You will be joining a highly driven and collaborative team dedicated to empowering the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age.
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality in everything we do, grit in the pursuit of excellence, and curiosity with a bias towards action to deliver simple solutions. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up. This creates a fast-paced environment where we work hard and celebrate our wins.
Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We have the top floor of a renovated brick and beam building where you will always be greeted by our friendly office dog, Bella, and have access to snacks, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and regularly catered meals. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with dual monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA, and across the street from the new Hub Hall at TD Garden and North Station for easy access to most transit routes (Orange/Green Line and Commuter Rail) or a 6-minute walk from the Blue Line. Secure bike storage is available.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Competitive pay and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- 11+ paid holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
- Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) plan
- Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status