Who are we:
From small local businesses to large multinational corporations, when manufacturers use Paperless Parts, they free up valuable time to focus on what is truly important to them. Our customers spend more time with their families, expand their businesses, invest in sustainable practices, and grow as a result of new opportunities. We’re a passionate team that believes manufacturing is a vital component of our everyday lives and the backbone of our economy. We’re dedicated to providing this invaluable industry with a cloud-native platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. Without manufacturing, many new ideas never become a reality. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation – and our world – forward.
Paperless Parts is a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an entire industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
Paperless is looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join our core product team, who will pave the way for our team to build modern, scalable solutions that our customers love to use. Within the core product team, you will join a smaller feature team, made up of designers, product managers, and engineers, and focused on a specific user goal. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with members of your team to drive end-to-end enhancements to our core product.
Who You Are
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
- Take a lead role in the design and implementation of new products and features
- Collaborate with other talented engineers, designers, and product managers to set product goals and requirements
- Support the design and development of our single page frontend application using the React framework
- Design and build secure and efficient APIs and services using the Django framework
- Assist with the personal development of less experienced members of the team
- Initiate improvements to the overall quality of our core product
- Understand our customers, and help us create a product that makes their lives better
- As part of the Paperless Parts team, further, the company-wide DEI & social impact initiatives
- Travel to job shops as need, COVID-19 vaccination required
Knowledge, skill, and abilities
- 3-5 years of full-stack software development experience with a modern web application stack, e.g. Python/Django, Node/Express, Java/Spring
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language like Java or Python
- Proficiency with a single-page application framework, e.g. React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience designing relational database schemas
- Experience using Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience building applications with Docker
- Experience with API design, development, and documentation
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Passionate about solving complex problems and building a great user experience for our customers
- Strong communication skills
Paperless Parts Life:
Paperless Parts is an exciting Boston-based Series B SaaS company that has created the leading cloud-native software platform for manufacturers.
Team: You will be joining a highly driven and collaborative team dedicated to empowering the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age.
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality in everything we do, grit in the pursuit of excellence, and curiosity with a bias towards action to deliver simple solutions. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up. This creates a fast-paced environment where we work hard and celebrate our wins.
Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We have the top floor of a renovated brick and beam building where you will always be greeted by our friendly office dog, Bella, and have access to snacks, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and regularly catered meals. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with dual monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA, and across the street from the new Hub Hall at TD Garden and North Station for easy access to most transit routes (Orange/Green Line and Commuter Rail) or a 6-minute walk from the Blue Line. Secure bike storage is available.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Competitive pay and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- 11+ paid holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
- Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) plan
- Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status