Who are we:
From small local businesses to large multinational corporations, when manufacturers use Paperless Parts, they free up valuable time to focus on what is truly important to them. Our customers spend more time with their families, expand their businesses, invest in sustainable practices, and grow as a result of new opportunities. We’re a passionate team that believes manufacturing is a vital component of our everyday lives and the backbone of our economy. We’re dedicated to providing this invaluable industry with a cloud-native platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. Without manufacturing, many new ideas never become a reality. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation – and our world – forward.
Paperless Parts is a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an entire industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
You will be responsible for designing user interfaces and visuals to enhance the user experience for our SaaS platform. This role will create end-to-end experiences that turn complex problems and workflows into intuitive and elegant interfaces. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive for our users.
This role will report to our Director of Design. The job is located in Boston, MA,
Who You Are:
You’re an individual with close attention to detail and a strong understanding of the product's user experience. You care about the product's impact on their relationship with use and their own business. You can build toward achieving that vision by using data and interviewing users to inform your work and decisions; collaborating with team members to provide the best user experience fuels you to get to our professional and team goals.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
- Develop wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity interfaces around customer needs
- Work alongside designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure we’re solving problems for our users the right way.
- Utilize and contribute to our design system and component library
- Use research and data to inform design decisions
- Partner with Engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are high-quality
- As part of the Paperless Parts team, further, the company-wide DEI & social impact initiates
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- 4+ years of experience in an individual contributor role for a digital product or application
- Solid understanding of how to build intuitive, user-first designs
- Experience working with and building on a design/component library
- Experience designing for SaaS or digital products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel to customers as needed; vaccination required
Paperless Parts Life:
Paperless Parts is an exciting Boston-based Series B SaaS company that has created the leading cloud-native software platform for manufacturers.
Team: You will be joining a highly driven and collaborative team dedicated to empowering the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age.
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality in everything we do, grit in the pursuit of excellence, and curiosity with a bias towards action to deliver simple solutions. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up. This creates a fast-paced environment where we work hard and celebrate our wins.
Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We have the top floor of a renovated brick and beam building where you will always be greeted by our friendly office dog, Bella, and have access to snacks, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and regularly catered meals. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with dual monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA, and across the street from the new Hub Hall at TD Garden and North Station for easy access to most transit routes (Orange/Green Line and Commuter Rail) or a 6-minute walk from the Blue Line. Secure bike storage is available.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Competitive pay and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- 11+ paid holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
- Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) plan
- Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status