Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
The role of the Manager, Financial Reporting will be responsible for preparing the Company’s consolidated financial results and external financial reporting disclosure documents, accounting memos, and stock based compensation.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and disclosures.
- Participate in the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Partner with accounting team to generate monthly financial statements, certain accounting entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare technical memorandums for transactions and new accounting guidance, as needed.
- Stock based compensation - maintain Carta with updates and prepare quarterly expense entry.
- Maintain Capitalization table.
- Subject matter expert on US GAAP, with a focus on providing advice and guidance on all technical accounting matters and preparation of documentation on the accounting assessment.
- Prepare and update accounting policy documents, as needed.
- Execute internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintain Sarbanes Oxley matrices and narratives.
- Support with global statutory filings.
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal business partners.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA required.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience in financial and regulatory reporting, with experience in US GAAP.
- Fast learner with strong organization, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency while delivering high-quality work products.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others at all levels and functions across the Company.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team, join data from various sources and develop creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Proven ability to meet challenges, goals and objectives with enthusiasm, drive, and initiative.
- Advanced skills in Excel. Strongly proficient skills in Word, PowerPoint.
- We’re remote-first…
- …but we still want to meet you, so we’ll fly you in for annual meetups (sometimes more)
- We’re growing fast, and so will your career
- Monthly stipend to support the growth of your home office
- Unlimited access to tutoring and educational support for children of Paper employees
- Benefits, retirement plan (+ match), stock options, and more
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.