Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Our sales team drives the entire company forward by bringing our educational support platform to new students every single day. We are a scrappy, tight-knit, high-energy crew that is made up of Partnership Associates and Partnership Managers. We value being critical yet motivational and radically honest with each other and our users. As our Director, Sales, you will lead our sales organization into the next phase of growth.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director, Sales will be responsible for an existing sales team that is forecasted to double in size. This person will lead the strategic direction and management of our market to help the company scale our acquisition efforts to meet its short and long-term objectives. Our Director, Sales must be an authentic collaborator, a strong leader, and a proactive, strategic problem solver.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Forecast like a champ: Conduct weekly pipeline forecast review and quarterly progress review sessions with each sales manager.
- Focus on data: Use extensive reporting and data from our tech stacks to proactively identify what to start, stop, and continue.
- Map strategy: Lead, set strategy, and grow a territory based sales team of Partnership Associates and Partnership Managers selling high-volume SaaS.
- Coach & Mentor: Provide motivational and critical feedback to the sales team in the areas of sales/personal development, objection handling, territory strategy and process.
- Collaborate: work with other internal functions (Partnerships, Product, Marketing, CS, Finance) to ensure maximum sales effectiveness and coordination on processes.
- Direct B2B SaaS sales experience, ideally in a high-volume, high value environment with a proven track record of crushing targets as an individual contributor.
- A team builder with excellent interpersonal skills who looks forward to coaching and developing employees with a range of experience to help them achieve their goals.
- Experience successfully leading and building a world-class sales organization.
- A genuine interest and excitement in striving toward ambitious goals, hiring and rallying a team around those goals, and leveraging data to help you achieve those goals via methodical execution.
- A thoughtful and empathetic leader with strong emotional intelligence, but an ability to be assertive in order to push the team to be their best.
- Innovative Thinking / Jugaad – Embraces and champions new initiatives and encourages others to strategize and execute on creative ideas.
- Experience working in education or educational technology.
- We’re remote-first…
- …but we still want to meet you, so we’ll fly you in for annual meetups (sometimes more)
- We’re growing fast, and so will your career
- Monthly stipend to support the growth of your home office
- Unlimited access to tutoring and educational support for children of Paper employees
- Benefits, retirement plan (+ match), stock options, and more
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.