About the Role:
As Papaya continues to rapidly expand, we are looking for a self-motivated Recruiter to drive our hiring efforts. This individual will manage high volume, full-cycle recruiting and be a trusted partner to candidates and hiring managers. Success in this role means sourcing and assessing profiles to build recruiting pipelines, developing strong relationships with hiring teams, and onboarding high quality talent across technical and non-technical roles.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Full-Cycle Recruiting. You will run recruiting for high volume positions across teams and levels including: Engineering, Product, Sales, and Operations.
- ATS Management. Manage data integrity in Greenhouse and use our ATS to manage the recruiting process: open and close jobs, review applicants, coordinate interviews, move candidates through the interview process, and onboard the most qualified talent.
- Phone Screens. Conduct screening interviews across technical and non-technical roles. Use behavioral and situational questions to evaluate skill set, values fit, and past experience.
- Focus on Candidate Experience. Develop relationships with candidates and guide them through the interview process with an emphasis on timeliness, professionalism, empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humor!
- Process Management. Source, identify, coordinate, align interviewers, help guide hiring decisions, and onboard high quality talent. Track, analyze, and iterate on personal metrics throughout the process, including where are the roadblocks and working to resolve them.
- Sourcing. Build strong pipelines of leads and active candidates through traditional and non-traditional sourcing channels.
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- Relevant Experience. 2+ years of agency or in-house recruitment experience.
- High Attention to Detail. You are extremely detail-oriented and organized; you have the ability to manage multiple on-going projects and nothing will fall through the cracks.
- Excellent Communication. Strong verbal and written communication skills; you easily connect with others and will effectively communicate Papaya’s brand.
- Ownership. You exhibit a high level of autonomy in ambiguous environments, and are comfortable establishing and executing upon priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.