About the Role:
If you love to solve complex problems using data, and want to be a part of revolutionizing the way people pay their bills, then we need your help.
As a member of the analytics team, you will help track, analyze, advise and constantly improve the performance of our business using both qualitative and quantitative metrics.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- Support ideation of new features and business initiatives from beginning to end by evaluating potential impact, implementing new tracking, and performing post analysis
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as well as data deep dives with a focus on growing and improving the business
- Recommend improvements and optimizations highlighted by data across all elements of Papaya’s activities
- Become an expert on our data and evangelize data-driven decision making
- Empower everyone within the company to make better and faster decisions using data
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- Proven experience in an analytical role, 2+ years in management consulting, investment banking, or tech preferred
- Expert proficiency in Excel or SQL
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- An empathetic approach to partnering with internal stakeholders and the ability to build strong relationships
- A passion for creative problem solving - you have never met a challenge you won’t accept and strive to find creative solutions to complex problems
We’d be especially excited if you have experience with SQL and a dashboarding tool such as Looker or Tableau. If you have prior experience with Python or R, don’t forget to mention it.
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.