As the Head of People at Panther, you will directly support and build a world-class team that fosters a strong, inclusive, and mission-driven culture. You’ll work directly with senior leadership and own staffing, direction, and strategy for human resources, talent, and people operations. A strong People team is critical to attract and retain strong talent, and the ideal candidate is one who can build a high-powered team for continued exponential growth. An ideal candidate is a strong communicator, is process and data-driven, and has a track record of building HR functions to progress an early-stage SaaS startup into the growth stage.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting and responding to security breaches at a cloud-scale. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the challenge of protecting large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security challenges with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry leaders, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Innovation Endeavors, and S28 Capital, Panther has raised $20M and is quickly accelerating its mission and employee-base across the United States and Greece. Panther’s customers include industry leading technology companies such as GitLab, Coinbase, and Dropbox, and the company was recently named #4 on EnterpriseTech30’s startup list of important technology companies to watch!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Customer First, Seek to Understand, Relentless Prioritization, Be an Owner, Move Fast and Iterate, and Open and Transparent. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Build the entire Human Resources function; care, keeping, feeding employees as well as attracting and retaining talent. Hire, train, and manage a strong team of Talent and HR professionals, including managers and directors.
- Manage People policies and procedures, including the employee handbook, payroll, benefits, onboarding, compensation, and more.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting efforts to source, hire, and retain a diverse team with the best candidate experience possible across all teams in the company.
- Manage employee engagement programs such as pulse surveys, performance management programs, team events, development and learning, and more.
- Build a compensation and equity strategy, for fair and equitable pay for all employees, both for US and international employeesCommunicate core metrics to the executive team, the board of directors, and the greater company.
- 10+ years of experience in HR and Recruiting.
- 6+ years of experience in a senior leadership role as part of an executive team.
- Domain expert in either HR and Recruiting
- Deep understanding of distributed company building challenges and best practices
- Experience in scaling a startup and/or high-growth company, ideally from <100 to hundreds and beyond.
- Extensive experience in overseeing people programs such as Performance Reviews, Hiring Pipelines, and Employee Onboarding Training, Employee Relations, leadership and management training and development
- Executive presence, the ability to influence,, strategy, to motivate and build a high performing team. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions. Will manage compensation and equity bands for the company?
- Experience using HR tools, such as Workday, BambooHR, Namely, Zenefits, or Gusto, and Recruiting tools such as Greenhouse, LinkedIn, or social media.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (when in-person events come back!)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (when traveling comes back!)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.