As the Head of Security at Panther, you will lead a diverse team of security practitioners responsible for many facets of the company’s overall posture, such as Detection and Response, IT, Compliance, and Research to provide Panther’s employees and customers with the highest level of security possible. The leader in this role will influence our internal security along with bringing value to our customers with strong built-in detections based on security best practices and attacker techniques, tactics, and procedures.
This individual will work closely with the CEO, VP of Engineering and VP of Product. The ideal candidate for this role has experience in cloud-based environments, is a quick learner, moves fast, has a product mindset, has spent time managing security operations, and is a strong player/coach that can grow a team.
- Hire, build, and lead a high-performing team of internal security, compliance, IT, and security research professionals.
- Build strategy, processes, and procedures for Panther’s internal Detection and Response function across corporate and production environments.
- Lead a team of security researchers responsible for built-in content for Panther to be used by our customers in addition to our internal security team.
- Take a modern, security-minded approach to IT systems management for strong internal corporate security.
- Ensure Panther’s compliance needs are met by supporting yearly audits for SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, and more.
- 5+ years experience leading security teams with a strong emphasis on detection, risk, and incident response.
- 5+ years experience as a security practitioner, preferably in security operations, incident response, or similar focus
- Effective communication and presentation skills with all levels within the broader organization.
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency and a high detail orientation.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
- Analytical mindset; you seek to understand and solve a problem and instinctively ask for data.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (when in-person events come back!)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (when traveling comes back!)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.