As the Head of Finance and Operations at Panther, you will own and optimize the flow of capital throughout the organization, lead financial strategy, direction, and management, and strategically support the growth and stability of Panther’s overall business. This individual will report directly with the CEO and collaborate with various leaders in the company on revenue growth, organizational planning, and overall business strategy. The ideal candidate for this role has strong experience in a SaaS startup as a finance leader and is a strong player/coach that can work autonomously and grow a strong team as we grow.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting and responding to security breaches at a cloud-scale. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the challenge of protecting large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security challenges with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry leaders, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Innovation Endeavors, and S28 Capital, Panther has raised $20M and is quickly accelerating its mission and employee-base across the United States and Greece. Panther’s customers include industry leading technology companies such as GitLab, Coinbase, and Dropbox, and the company was recently named #4 on EnterpriseTech30’s startup list of important technology companies to watch!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Customer First, Seek to Understand, Relentless Prioritization, Be an Owner, Move Fast and Iterate, and Open and Transparent. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Own financial planning and analysis to support business strategies and growth.
- Collaborate with revenue-generating functions, such as Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success functions to support revenue targets.
- Oversee and manage accounting services, AR, and AP; review monthly financial statements and assist with monthly close.
- Manage all aspects of FP&A such as monthly Budget vs. Actual, Forecasting, and Analysis processes to support the needs of the company and maintain high precision and accuracy
- Own tax oversight and filings by third-party services; find and manage appropriate tax services/advice as dictated by sales and operations growth.
- Strategic ownership of banking, credit card management, asset management, and cash flow planning.
- Assist CEO with the venture fundraising process including timing, modeling, and more.
- Manage the capitalization table, collaborate with HR on the issuance of equity.
- Manage corporate management functions such as legal, licenses, registrations, financial audits, and corporate compliance.
- A strong background in SaaS startup finance with prior experience in the early to growth stage.
- Experience hiring, managing, and leading high-performing Finance teams or outsourced finance services.
- Working knowledge of key financial metrics for SaaS businesses with previous experience presenting to the board.
- Preferred experience with Business Operations, such as forming and managing subsidiaries in foreign countries.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to, and engage with, all levels within the broader organization.
- Experience with advanced modeling & scenario planning for events such as venture capital fundraising.
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency and with high detail orientation.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
- Analytical mindset; you seek to understand and solve a problem and instinctively ask for data.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (when in-person events come back!)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (when traveling comes back!)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.