Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 300,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Harvard University, Google, Docusign, docker and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Platform Edge Engineer to join our team, either remote or onsite in SF. We’re expanding an impressive and growing platform that powers hundreds of thousands of websites, millions of containerized resources, billions of monthly page views, and development tools that professional website developers use.
Cool Things You'll Do
- Work directly with Fastly VCL and Compute @ Edge
- Create an automated, state of the art CDN / Edge service for Pantheon customers.
- Help stabilize standard deployment patterns that will enable us to grow our CDN services capabilities for the company
- Develop new Edge-related products for Pantheon customers
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technology initiatives
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
What You Bring to the Table
- Strong experience in GoLang or Rust
- Understanding of CI/CD and test driven development
- Knowledge of large-scale platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world; especially CDNs, caching systems, and load balancing
- Automating infrastructure with kubernetes and terraform
- Experience with a variety of data store types, tech stacks, and the tradeoffs between them
- Experience with scripting the creation of dynamic platform infrastructures hosted by one or more cloud providers such as Google or AWS
- Experience with VCL or Varnish
- Prior experience developing websites and applications in Drupal, WordPress, Gatsby, or other modern web technologies.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your workouts
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.