Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That’s where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small, mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and are armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. We dig in, understand the problem, and find the optimal path to success.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack- and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Database Systems and Reliability Engineer (Systems and Release) to join our globally distributed, rapidly growing Platform Runtime teams, which develops and supports all of Pantheon’s customer sites’ at each layer of persistence (DB, Cache and Search) to continually improve its performance and capabilities.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Within Pantheon engineering, we value collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Things You'll Do
- Collaborate, design, and iterate the technical roadmap for one or more of the customer sites' runtime persistence infrastructure which contains database servers (MariaDB, CloudSQL, Proxysql, Percona Tools), Cache servers (Redis, Memorystore), and index servers (Solr, Elastic)
- Responsible for monitoring the performance, integrity, security & disaster recovery of existing persistence solutions
- Involved in the planning, modeling, design and development of new persistence infrastructure
- Carry out periodic capacity planning, patching and upgrades
- Work on advanced global-scale implementations of systems using the latest in Google Cloud platform offerings
- Assist other teams while they define reliability objectives for services and infrastructure
- Manage, automate, and Improve common infrastructure (monitoring/metrics/kubernetes)
- Help develop and improve observability across Pantheon engineering
- Support Pantheon as a member of the on-call engineer rotation, contributing to the stability, reliability and performance of the infrastructure that drives Pantheon's success
What you Bring to the Table
- Strong experience programming in Go and/or Python
- Enthusiasm for the open source communities for software we use, and desire to be an active member
- Current knowledge of bugs or new features and how they impact our client base
- Shell scripting and command line experience
- "Automate all the things!" mindset
- Familiarity with data replication strategies is a plus
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company-wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.