Technical Program Manager
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Pantheon is currently looking for a motivated, proactive, and energetic individual to join our Engineering team. This highly visible leader will own the communication, coordination, and execution of large programs as well as helping us evolve our project management processes through constant incremental improvements. In this role you will work closely with the engineering, product, and sales/marketing teams to deliver high quality, scalable products, and features. You will collaborate with product leaders to deliver the best deliverables with the most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. The best candidates will believe and role-model our company values:
Cool Things You'll Do
- Work with senior product and engineering leaders to define strategy and requirements, ensuring teams are leveraging best-practices and developing functional practices that are compatible with the broader group.
- Be part of designing, coordinating, and executing technical solutions that scale globally - whether creating next-generation back-end platforms or delivering on a new unified client-facing UI dashboard.
- Help evolve complex systems and organizations, identifying appropriate trade-offs between business vs. technical constraints, clearly communicating goals, roles, and responsibilities.
- Partner with engineering team members and product managers to ensure the planning and resourcing is on track.
- Working cross-functionally, identify and secure commitment from teams across the company for new initiatives and driving consensus on approach and execution plans.
- Evangelize and coach agile practices across the product engineering teams and identifying strategic incremental improvements
- Coordinate upcoming feature launches and raising unseen risks at every stage - from inception, design, POC/MVP, early access, limited access, and general availability phases.
- Measure, monitor, and report progress of program and project outcomes against key results and seek to continuously improve efficiency. Ensure decisions made at all levels are data-driven.
- Organize and track workstreams, clarify project scopes, proactively manage risks, manage project escalations, ruthlessly prioritize tasks, and be a key problem-solver.
The very best candidates will also have:
- Mastery of Jira practices including but not limited to creating new workflows, updating sprint boards, basic administration i.e. adding/deleting users and adding projects.
- History of determining which part of the Scrum cycle currently contains the most friction and developing an action plan with Product and Engineering leadership to address them.
- Experience with defining team, organization, and company goals using the OKR methodology
- Proven background in working with teams outside of engineering, such as sales, marketing, support, etc to deliver on shared company objectives.
What You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar
- 8+ years of experience in technical project and program management, preferably in the SaaS/PaaS industry
- Deep hands-on technical expertise with advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development
- Extensive experience in software product engineering, deployment, and integration
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical product development
- A grasp of agile first-principles and latest practices, including proficiency in Jira management and administration
- Integrity and honesty, ability to be trusted and to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to communicate at all levels of the organization.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.