Senior Product Designer
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
About the team
Product Design at Pantheon is a small, tight-knit group made up of creative, collaborative, people who care deeply about our mission to make the web a first-class platform that delivers results. We’re one-half of the broader design organization, which also includes brand, website UX and illustration. We’re a cross-functional bunch focused on design and UX research who are always looking for opportunities to build understanding and empathy for the people who use Pantheon. Our team is at the center of product work for Pantheon, designing experiences for thousands of developers and marketers around the world.
About the role.
As a Senior Product designer, you’ll take ownership of a big portion of the Apps + Tools workstream at Pantheon. This is a new division within the Product and Engineering organization that covers everything from third-party integrations, to new tools such as Autopilot. You're expected to lead the product design process from start to finish, from partnering with product owners to understanding user problems, all the way through refining the pixels alongside your engineer counterpart. You’ll be an example to other fellow designers, and have the ability to influence leaders and cross-functional teams. You’ll balance a rigorous customer-focused perspective with the ability to make decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What you’ll do:
Be a role model for execution and craft:
- Lead a product design vision for one of our multi-squad workstreams by mapping and specifying user flows, interfaces, interactions, and overall experiences via mockups, diagrams, prototypes, and research reports.
- Tie together the different design deliverables from multiple squads into one cohesive product design UX architecture.
- Advocate for the end-user at each step of the design process, and ensuring that other team members do the same. This advocacy has a goal of improving ease of use for the user, ensuring intuitive easy-to-learn experiences.
- When needed, be responsible for planning, coordinating, designing and conducting studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Create product experiences for developers to push code, launch sites, and work collaboratively with Git branches
- Rationalize decisions objectively by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights and showcasing excellent communication and persuasive skills.
Guide, Mentor and Support:
- Mentor designers and/or UX researchers to produce design and research deliverables for several squads
- Systematically communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Help monitor user behavioral data in tools such as Pendo, and translate it into actionable reports
- Enhance overall design quality through design reviews and systems thinking
- Be present as a leader in all relevant Design Ceremonies to guide the team in reaching the best solutions, while also helping maintain teammates’ morale.
Advocate and think at scale:
- Help identify market trends and execute on opportunities to push better the Pantheon experience, leveraging your storytelling chops
- Lead and inform product decisions — from exploration to delivery of the final product
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate good times together
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.