Sr Software Engineer
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 300,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Harvard University, Google, Docusign, docker and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Collaborate with multiple skill sets and disciplines to design, build, and maintain APIs and services that underlie our customers’ experience.
- Work with engineers from multiple teams to continue our investment in improving our service architecture.
- Own our team’s production systems, measure and track their health, and assist our dedicated support team to resolve production issues.
- Maintain a CI/CD pipeline for testing and deploying microservices.
- Mentor other engineers and provide thoughtful feedback.
- Partner closely with Pantheon Product teams to define product strategy, roadmaps, and deliverables.
- Work across teams to share architecture, evolve engineering standards, improve testing approaches, mentor peers, and celebrate our wins.
What you Bring to the Table
- You are a full-stack developer with strong knowledge and experience developing in a CI/CD environment using CircleCI, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
- You have knowledge and experience with Google Cloud Platform services and components such as Cloud Build, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, Cloud Key Management Service, and Firebase.
- You have developed APIs in Golang, Java, Python, PHP, or Node.js.
- Experience with GraphQL, especially using Apollo Client and Server.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- Experience with unit, functional, integration and end-to-end testing strategies.
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open to the contributions and ideas of others.
- Take pride in what you can do as part of a team.
- Excited about working collaboratively, with different teams, on different parts of the product.
- You have 5+ years of software development experience.
- Bonus if you have knowledge of Drupal 8/9 and Wordpress 5.7 backend and frontend components and APIs.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.