This is a full-time Senior Technical Writer position based anywhere in the US.
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
The Senior Technical Writer helps shape the structure of technical documentation and complimentary learning paths, reports on key metrics, and helps customer-facing teams develop processes for structuring, sharing, and curating knowledge.
Cool Things You’ll Do
As Senior Technical Writer you’ll:
- Provide project management planning and support to large content initiatives, such as section reviews and revamps.
- Plans and leads documentation site feature enhancement initiatives.
- Mentors newly hired technical writers, and plan new cross-functional efforts.
- Continuously improve Pantheon’s internal and public documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, customer success managers, support teams, customers, and others.
- Review and edit content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce content for using Pantheon features, including contextual content that clarifies why and when a user might use a feature or workflow.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the Pantheon community.
- Continuously improve the Pantheon documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with the Technical Documentation team. These efforts might include the documentation site’s design, search, information architecture, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the improvement of Docs Team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
What you Bring to the Table
- Extensive experience as a technical writer.
- Experience producing documentation for a variety of products and services.
- Some experience planning and leading major initiatives, such as the launch of new documentation resources, large-scale documentation reviews, and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience with static site generators and React components.
- Experience managing docs as code, and the nuances of differing markup standards and rendering engines.
- Experience establishing processes used by teams across an organization in support of documentation.
- Demonstrated use of data in evidenced-based decision making.
- Experience with WebOps tools and some degree of frontend or backend engineering.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where continuous learning and knowledge sharing is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation
- Stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.