Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to join our team, either remote (US hours) or onsite at one of our offices (San Francisco or Minneapolis) We’re expanding an impressive and growing platform that powers hundreds of thousands of websites, millions of containerized resources, billions of monthly page views, and development tools that professional website developers use.
Along the way, we’ve built tools to manage containers at scale and a massive multi-tenant distributed file system, contributed to open source communities (WordPress, Drupal, Fedora, Chef, systemd, cURL, Kubernetes, Terraform, Sensu, to name a few), a CI/CD pipeline, and a cloud-native container-based infrastructure orchestrated with Kubernetes. If you have experience with any of these technologies, that's great and if not, that's okay too. Our engineering team is filled with experienced engineers who are happy to help open-minded candidates learn on the job, regardless of their background.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Additionally, the Pantheon engineering teams are built around a focus on collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Things You'll Do
- Work on advanced globally scaled implementations of WordPress and Drupal CMS systems using the latest in Google Cloud platform offerings.
- Work on a large scale orchestration platform serving millions of containers, using lower level Linux systems like systemd/cgroups directly.
- Administer and maintain standardization and configuration state management with Docker/Kubernetes, Chef, Terraform, and Vault.
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technical initiatives
- Own your team’s production systems, measure and track their health with SLO’s, and assist our dedicated support team to resolve production issues
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
- Support Pantheon as a member of the on-call engineer rotation, contributing to the infrastructure’s stability, reliability, and performance that drives Pantheon's success.
What you Bring to the Table
- You enjoy and have experience with large-scale, high-traffic platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open and giving space to the contributions and ideas of others.
- You take pride in what you can do as part of a team.
What We Offer
Proudly based out of San Francisco, Pantheon is a platform where marketers and developers build, host, and manage their high-value Drupal and WordPress websites. Pantheon's engineering's secret sauce is not our innovative scaling and performance tooling but our passionate, creative, collaborative team.
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company-wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
- Travel to Pantheon events at our company HQ in San Francisco (when permissible)
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.