Job Title: Customer Success Engineer
Location: Manila, Philippines
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
As a Customer Success Engineer
You’ll spend your day leveraging your technical skills and knowledge of our platform to improve, inform, and positively impact the customer experience. As an advocate and the voice of the customer, you’ll engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the resolution of customer-facing issues, while consulting with Customer Success Managers to ensure the timely delivery of communications.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Contributing to documentation that enables our teams and our customers to self-serve
- Collaborating with Product & Engineering and advocating for improvements to our processes and platform
- Resolving highly-technical WordPress, Drupal, and platform-related questions via live chat, ticket, and/or teleconference call
- Leading technical interview rounds and providing clear, detailed feedback on candidates as we continue to accelerate the growth of our team
- Guiding, mentoring, and developing current and new Customer Success Engineers as they improve their knowledge of our platform
What We’ll Expect From You
- Subject-matter expertise with WordPress and/or Drupal
- Deep understanding of PHP, Composer, MySQL/MariaDB, Git, and the command line
- Comprehensive understanding of PHP-FPM workers and performance tuning (PHP & MySQL/MariaDB)
- Knowledge of and experience using Content Delivery Networks and caching (Redis, filesystem)
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving common web server issues using standard log files
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate across various mediums (live chat, ticket, Slack, Zoom, Google Meet)
What you Bring to the Table
- Current or prior experience in a customer-facing senior, technical lead, agency, or consultant role
- Experience developing for and/or contributing to WordPress or Drupal core, plugins, or themes
- Active and engaged member of one or more WordPress and/or Drupal communities
- Knowledge and use of New Relic to identify areas of performance improvement in a production environment
- Experience developing headless NodeJS and/or AngularJS web applications
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation
- Generous time off
- Robust life insurance, medical and dental coverage
- Fun and educational remote activities both team-based and company wide
- Generous end-of-year bonus
- Liberal allowances and remote workstation stipend.
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.