Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
Pantheon is currently looking for a motivated, proactive, and energetic individual to join the company's Finance team as a full-time, remote member. The Revenue Manager will play a critical role in preparing Pantheon’s scalability to $100M in revenue and beyond. You will be a key contributor to the Revenue Recognition policy and enforcement, ASC606 application, revenue month-end close and related internal controls, and reporting tasks critical to executive decision making and financial data presentation. This role will also help automate and streamline current functions to prepare Pantheon to scale quickly. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to contribute to a high caliber team, learn, and grow a well-rounded accounting and finance skill set in a nurturing and supportive environment.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Provide revenue recognition guidance to business partners as well as confirm billing systems and related accounting records are correct
- Review customer contracts in detail; identify and analyze any non-standard terms for proper revenue recognition
- Ensure ASC606 is being applied accurately and consistently; maintain SSP for the company’s products and services
- Support the month-end close process, as it relates to revenue and accounts receivable, to ensure financial statements are accurate and timely
- Assist in leading implementation of RevPro for ASC 606 accounting and reporting
- Maintain a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for revenue recognition and collections processes
- Help maintain and monitor Avalara Sales Tax and related reporting
- Assist in developing, documenting and implementing policies, procedures and metrics that drive efficiency across the function
- Support financial audit and tax requirements and other ad-hoc projects and requests as needed
What you Bring to the Table
- BA/BS degree
- 5-8 years accounting and managerial experience with at minimum 3 years revenue-specific experience
- Working knowledge of Topic ASC606
- Attention to detail, professional awareness, and sense of urgency with customer-oriented mindset; be able to spot errors or exceptions quickly
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to direct and grow team members
- Proficient revenue knowledge in ASC 605 and 606
- Understanding of GAAP and accounting processes and concepts related to billing and collections
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers
- Experience with NetSuite, GoogleSheets or other accounting software
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
Bonus Points For:
- Revenue recognition experience within SAAS industry
- Avalara and Stripe experience a plus!
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate good times together
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.