Product Designer, Developer Tools
This position can be based anywhere in the US.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 300,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our product team. That’s where you come in.
You will make an impact at Pantheon by creating visual artifacts and design mockups as part of our engineering work cycle, leading to better internal alignment and better end-user experiences. You'll also have critical input at every stage of the development process. To start, you'll work with product owners and users to research behaviors to inform product features. Once features are defined, you'll work closely with product management on early wireframes and specs. During the implementation phase, you will team up closely with engineering team members for fine-tuning designs, creating assets, and awesomeifying (yup, it's a word) experiences.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Own and drive the complete product design lifecycle of major features that target developers
- Improve developer tooling by working closely with a team of amazing engineers, researchers, and designers
- Design interfaces and interactions for the product in an awesome squad, while getting to know customers and how they respond to your designs
- Advocating for the customer from an ease of use and intuitive learning perspective
- Create product experiences for developers to push code, launch sites, and work collaboratively with Git branches
- Puzzle out user experiences that allow customers to scale and manage thousands of websites with their small agile team
What you Bring to the Table
- 4+ years’ experience in designing products for developers
- Experience with complex systems design (different to website design)
- Knowledge of HTML, Github, Gatsby, Storybook (using atomic design systems principles), Figma, CSS, React, and other back-end languages for Engineering and Design collaboration
- Solid understanding of how to create reusable, accessible, and modular designs
- A basic understanding of “DevOps” and the software development lifecycle
- Recent experience being part of an agile scrum team
- Experience within the headless and decoupled space is a plus
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate good times together
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.