Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
Pantheon is seeking a passionate, driven, and customer success-focused individual to join our Professional Services team. As a Technology Consultant, Decoupled Architectures, your job is to work directly with our clients and Product team to implement decoupled and headless CMS websites that push the boundaries of the Pantheon Platform.
Cool Stuff You'll Do
Working with some of the best Drupal/WordPress agency partners and end-user enterprises in the world, you will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a larger project team to engineer and implement decoupled/headless CMS projects
- Creating sophisticated technology solutions that span back-end, front-end and edge technologies
- Delivering custom plugins, modules, command-line applications, and CDN configurations that allow our customers to extend the Pantheon Platform’s capabilities
- Problem-solving with our partners and potential customers to help them be successful on our Platform
- Researching and experimenting with new technologies based on client feedback
- Providing platform feedback to the product team to constantly push the needle forward and ensure that we have a finger on the pulse of our clients' needs
What You Bring To The Table
- BA or BS or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with Drupal, WordPress, or both in a customer-facing technology role
- Experience with Pantheon’s Platform or other Drupal/WordPress development/hosting platforms
- Experience with continuous delivery, devops and agile workflows
- Clear communication skills, empathy, and creative thinking skills
Bonus Points For
- Expert-level experience with WordPress, Drupal, NodeJS, React, Next.js, or Gatsby
- Familiarity with CDNs (especially Fastly), Varnish and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in a digital agency or higher-ed/enterprise web team
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate good times together
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.