Today, more than 400 school systems serving three million students use Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised a $32mm led by Emerson Collective as well as Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTechVC, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
About the Role
Right now, over 6,500 schools across the country partner with Panorama.
If after reading that you were immediately calculating how many until we are working with every school in the country*, then we want you as our next Outreach Director!
At Panorama, you’ll be on our Outreach (e.g., “sales and marketing”) team as we explore uncharted territory and build relationships with schools and districts that we haven’t met yet. This is a critical role at Panorama; one best fulfilled by an experienced educator who has lived and breathed the life of a teacher or administrator. You’ll be connecting with superintendents and other district officials from around the country to learn about their most pressing priorities and strategic initiatives. You’ll use every opportunity to to talk with them about insights from data, make our product come to life through a customized demo, and paint a picture of how Panorama can impact the quality of a classroom, school, and district.
This job is for you, if you are:
- A former educator with a passion for improving education beyond the confines of the classroom
- Knowledgeable about school systems and can empathize with their unique challenges
- Tech savvy and excited about leveraging data and technology in the classroom
- As warm and informative during cold calls and emails as you would be with a colleague
- Comfortable with and excited about meeting new people, both on the phone and over email
- Excellent at thinking on your feet, anticipating needs and overcoming objections
- Relentlessly persistent in both your infectious enthusiasm and your follow up
- A consistent and reliable professional in whatever you do
- Someone competitive who loves the opportunity to get better every day
Even better if you have:
- Experience working at the district or school level with an understanding of challenges faced by the classroom teacher, principal, and district administrator
- Experience working in sales or marketing (but NOT a must have--we’ll teach you!)
- Experience with and affinity for creating new strategies, processes and structures (e.g., lesson plans or curriculums)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.